Foran's Grand Trunk Pub
The Foran's Grand Trunk Pub is a historical building in the heart of Detroit. “The Pub” is the closest bar to Hart Plaza in any direction and one block south of Campus Martius. Built in 1879, it is truly a spot to spend some time with its “Cheers”-style atmosphere. Originally built to house the Traub Bros. Jewelry store, it was later converted to the Metropole Grill. It served as the ticket station from 1910 to 1934. In 1935, it became a pub.